Pupils and parents
- Where possible, it is beneficial for young people to maintain a regular and familiar routine. St Barnabas C of E Primary School recommend that each ‘school day’ maintains structure.
- Children should be contactable during the school day
- Children should complete work to any deadline set by teachers – all children need to have completed at least one activity by 10 a.m
- All children and parents must adhere to Online Safety guidelines
- If a class bubble is isolated, the children will be sent home with their home reading book in addition to work set on Purple Mash, Times Table Rock stars and Google classroom
- Should anything be unclear in the work that is set, parents can communicate with class teachers via the class email address or by contacting the school office. They should make clear which year group and subject the question relates to.
- We encourage parents to support their children’s work, by viewing the work set together, and then making appropriate plans to complete the work. This can include finding an appropriate place to work and, to the best of their ability, supporting pupils with work encouraging them to work with good levels of concentration.
- Every effort will be made by staff to ensure that work is set promptly on appropriate platforms but school cannot guarantee that the chosen platforms will work on all devices.
- Should accessing work be an issue, parents should contact school promptly and alternative solutions will be made available (e.g. paper copies of work, loan of iPads etc.). These will be discussed on a case-to-case basis.
To establish which families may need further support or access to IT equipment, school leaders will survey parents so that any potential barriers to children accessing online learning can be addressed as soon as possible